Police: Man who attacked 82-year-old also robbed bank
WILMINGTON - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man who robbed an 82-year-old woman in Wilmington is also responsible for a bank robbery in the city.
Qwai Tilgham, 29, has been charged with both crimes.
Police say that on Sept. 3 Tilgham robbed an 82-year-old woman exiting Taffy's Food Market. They say that on Monday he robbed the TD bank in the 300 block of Delaware Avenue.
Police say Monday's robbery happened around 8 a.m. when Tilgham entered the bank and displayed a note demanding cash. He then fled.
Police say that as Tilgham was awaiting arraignment for the first robbery a detective noticed similarities between him and the bank robbery suspect. Tilgham later acknowledged committing both robberies, according to police.
delaware news, wilmington news, robbery, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
47 min ago