Police: Man who attacked 82-year-old also robbed bank
WILMINGTON - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man who robbed an 82-year-old woman in Wilmington is also responsible for a bank robbery in the city.
Qwai Tilgham, 29, has been charged with both crimes.
Police say that on Sept. 3 Tilgham robbed an 82-year-old woman exiting Taffy's Food Market. They say that on Monday he robbed the TD bank in the 300 block of Delaware Avenue.
Police say Monday's robbery happened around 8 a.m. when Tilgham entered the bank and displayed a note demanding cash. He then fled.
Police say that as Tilgham was awaiting arraignment for the first robbery a detective noticed similarities between him and the bank robbery suspect. Tilgham later acknowledged committing both robberies, according to police.
delaware news, wilmington news, robbery, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition