Suspect in shooting of Philadelphia officer arraigned
PHILADELPHIA - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The man accused of shooting a Philadelphia police officer appeared in court on Wednesday.
Eric Torres, 31, was arraigned on a number of charges, including attempted murder.
Torres is accused of shooting Officer Edward Davies inside a Feltonville store last month.
Davies was just released from the hospital last week and continues to recover at home.
Torres will remain in custody until his trial.
philadelphia news, police, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ