Woman killed in crash at Dover toll plaza
DOVER, Del. (AP) - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say an 83-year-old woman was killed when her car slammed into the back of a truck stopped at a toll plaza on Delaware Route 1 in Dover.
It happened shortly before noon Wednesday. Troopers say Shirley J. Taylor of Wilmington was traveling southbound approaching the plaza. Police say she failed to stop for a 10-wheel rollback truck that was waiting behind another vehicle paying the toll.
Officers say Taylor's car hit the rear of the truck and rode underneath it.
Firefighters from Dover extricated Taylor. She was taken to Kent General Hospital, where she died.
The driver of the truck, 57-year-old Paul A. Leone of Moyock, N.C., was taken to Kent General with injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening.
The accident is under investigation.
delaware news, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station