Woman killed in crash at Dover toll plaza
DOVER, Del. (AP) - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say an 83-year-old woman was killed when her car slammed into the back of a truck stopped at a toll plaza on Delaware Route 1 in Dover.
It happened shortly before noon Wednesday. Troopers say Shirley J. Taylor of Wilmington was traveling southbound approaching the plaza. Police say she failed to stop for a 10-wheel rollback truck that was waiting behind another vehicle paying the toll.
Officers say Taylor's car hit the rear of the truck and rode underneath it.
Firefighters from Dover extricated Taylor. She was taken to Kent General Hospital, where she died.
The driver of the truck, 57-year-old Paul A. Leone of Moyock, N.C., was taken to Kent General with injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening.
The accident is under investigation.
delaware news, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 52 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 39 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 39 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 11 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 44 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 11 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 48 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 35 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
48 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
35 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos