Girl, 12, and boy, 17, shot in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are investigating a double shooting Wednesday night.
It happened at approximately 7:40 p.m. at 2nd and Franklin streets.
Officers located a 12-year-old girl inside of her home in the 100 block of North Franklin Street. She sustained a gunshot wound to the buttocks.
Officers then located a 17-year-old male victim, with a gunshot wound to the shoulder, inside of a home in the 1200 block of West 2nd Street.
Initial reports indicate that the gunfire came from the area of Pleasant and North Franklin streets.
The victims, who are unrelated, were in the area of West 2nd and North Franklin Streets when they were struck.
Both victims were transported to Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
delaware news, shooting, wilmington news, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 50 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 33 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
35 min ago