26-year-old shot dead in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 7:20 p.m. Wednesday along the 1600 block of South 57th Street.
Police say someone opened fire on the street, striking a 26-year-old man three times in the arm and upper left chest.
He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
The crime scene stretched a block and a half from 57th and Florence to 56th and Beaumont.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 19 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 18 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
1 min ago