26-year-old shot dead in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 7:20 p.m. Wednesday along the 1600 block of South 57th Street.
Police say someone opened fire on the street, striking a 26-year-old man three times in the arm and upper left chest.
He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
The crime scene stretched a block and a half from 57th and Florence to 56th and Beaumont.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, shooting, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 42 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 59 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 41 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 44 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
42 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
41 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
59 min ago