Man severely burned in East Oak Lane fire
EAST OAK LANE - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire officials are investigating a blaze in an East Oak Lane house that critically injured a man.
The fire was reported just before 10:00 p.m. Wednesday in the 6200 block of North 3rd Street.
Heavy flames were showing on the second floor of a two story dwelling.
The fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes, but not before a 40-year-old man was severely burned.
The man was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center, where he reportedly suffered second and third degree burns to about 80 percent of his body.
The fire marshal has been called to investigate.
philadelphia news, fire, east oak lane news, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 24 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 17 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 47 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
24 min ago