Man severely burned in East Oak Lane fire
EAST OAK LANE - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire officials are investigating a blaze in an East Oak Lane house that critically injured a man.
The fire was reported just before 10:00 p.m. Wednesday in the 6200 block of North 3rd Street.
Heavy flames were showing on the second floor of a two story dwelling.
The fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes, but not before a 40-year-old man was severely burned.
The man was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center, where he reportedly suffered second and third degree burns to about 80 percent of his body.
The fire marshal has been called to investigate.
philadelphia news, fire, east oak lane news, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 3 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 15 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Winter's Last Blast
8 min ago