Arson ruled in suspicious van fire in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Fire Marshal is calling a van fire in Northeast Philadelphia late Wednesday night a case of arson.
The incident happened just after 11:00 p.m. in the southbound lanes of the Roosevelt Boulevard near Strahle Street.
Firefighters arrived to find a van engulfed in flames.
They placed the fire under control and discovered a 300-gallon tank with 100 gallons of liquid inside.
The bomb squad, Hazmat crews, along with arson investigators were called to the scene.
They are trying to determine what type of liquid and if it was flammable.
No report of any injuries.
arson, fire, hazmat, bomb scare, northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 43 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 37 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes 31 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 56 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos