12-inch water main break affects homes in Germantown
PHILADELPHIA - September 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A water main break in the city's Germantown section has shut off the water supply to 30 to 40 homes early Thursday morning.
The water began gushing around 3:30 a.m. on the 6300 block of Chew Avenue.
Police arrived and barricaded the intersection at Chew and East Washington Lane.
Crews have shut down the water and are working to repair the break.
No word on when the water will be turned back on for customers.
Motorists should expect delays in the area.
water main break, germantown news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
1 min ago