State trooper shot in NW Pa.
BROCKWAY, Pa. (AP) - September 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A state trooper was shot in northwestern Pennsylvania as a warrant was being served.
Officials say the shooting happened Thursday afternoon in Brockway, Jefferson County. That's about 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
The unidentified trooper was flown to an Altoona hospital, where he remains in stable condition and is conscious, state police spokeswoman Maria Finn says.
The alleged shooter remains in the building, and police have sent a Special Emergency Response Team to the scene.
pennsylvania news, shooting, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book