State trooper shot in NW Pa.
BROCKWAY, Pa. (AP) - September 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A state trooper was shot in northwestern Pennsylvania as a warrant was being served.
Officials say the shooting happened Thursday afternoon in Brockway, Jefferson County. That's about 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
The unidentified trooper was flown to an Altoona hospital, where he remains in stable condition and is conscious, state police spokeswoman Maria Finn says.
The alleged shooter remains in the building, and police have sent a Special Emergency Response Team to the scene.
pennsylvania news, shooting, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 1 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 8 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 51 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 5 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 12 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 18 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 7 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos