Man shot in the neck in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the suspects responsible for shooting a man in the neck in West Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The incident happened around 1:00 a.m. at the intersection of 53rd and Chestnut Street.
Officers on patrol heard gunshots and rushed to the scene to find a man in his 20's unconscious.
He had been riding his bike when he was shot in the neck.
Police rushed him to the hospital in critical condition.
No word on any arrests or a motive for the shooting.
The victim has not been identified.
shooting, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say 37 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital 17 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally