Man shot in the neck in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the suspects responsible for shooting a man in the neck in West Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The incident happened around 1:00 a.m. at the intersection of 53rd and Chestnut Street.
Officers on patrol heard gunshots and rushed to the scene to find a man in his 20's unconscious.
He had been riding his bike when he was shot in the neck.
Police rushed him to the hospital in critical condition.
No word on any arrests or a motive for the shooting.
The victim has not been identified.
shooting, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 57 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 58 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 33 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 59 min ago
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 29 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
48 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
58 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
59 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
33 min ago