Man visiting grandmother shot dead in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 27-year-old man visiting his grandmother was shot and killed in South Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The shooting occurred just after 10:00 p.m. in the 2600 block of Wolf Street.
According to police, the victim went into the backyard and was talking to 3-4 other males when shots rang out.
He was struck in the head and officers rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police have not said if there are any suspects or a motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, homicide, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 1 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County 58 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 34 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police