Man visiting grandmother shot dead in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 27-year-old man visiting his grandmother was shot and killed in South Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The shooting occurred just after 10:00 p.m. in the 2600 block of Wolf Street.
According to police, the victim went into the backyard and was talking to 3-4 other males when shots rang out.
He was struck in the head and officers rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police have not said if there are any suspects or a motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, homicide, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 37 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather 25 min ago
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse... 13 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware 15 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 15 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton 32 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 31 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
13 min ago
- Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
15 min ago
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp....
31 min ago