Man visiting grandmother shot dead in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 27-year-old man visiting his grandmother was shot and killed in South Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The shooting occurred just after 10:00 p.m. in the 2600 block of Wolf Street.
According to police, the victim went into the backyard and was talking to 3-4 other males when shots rang out.
He was struck in the head and officers rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police have not said if there are any suspects or a motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, homicide, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 46 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 28 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
46 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
28 min ago