Man visiting grandmother shot dead in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 27-year-old man visiting his grandmother was shot and killed in South Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The shooting occurred just after 10:00 p.m. in the 2600 block of Wolf Street.
According to police, the victim went into the backyard and was talking to 3-4 other males when shots rang out.
He was struck in the head and officers rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police have not said if there are any suspects or a motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, homicide, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 32 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos