Police in Pleasantville, New Jersey cleared in deadly shooting
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Grand jurors have cleared three Pleasantville police officers who shot and killed an armed man outside his home.
Approximately 10 officers in April responded to a 911 call from 19-year-old Alexis Perez, who told a dispatcher he felt like killing somebody.
The Press of Atlantic City eports acting Atlantic County Prosecutor Jim McClain says officers did everything not to shoot Perez, including allowing him to get within 6 feet of them even though he was armed with a knife.
Three officers opened fire when Perez refused to drop the weapon. Seven bullets struck Perez in the head, neck, chest, shoulder and abdomen. He died at the scene.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.)
new jersey news, atlantic county news, police, shooting, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 34 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos