New Jersey school worker arrested for child porn
JACKSON TWP., N.J. - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man who works for schools in Monmouth County and volunteers at a school in Ocean County has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Matthew Wolny, 35, of Maryland Drive in Jackson Township, was arrested on Thursday morning following a two-month investigation, the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office said.
Wolny works as an information technology technician at the Howell Twp. School System in Monmouth County and is a volunteer assistant marching band director at Brick Memorial High School in Ocean County.
Investigators say he manufactured, traded and possessed thousands of child pornography files, including "graphic pictures and movies."
Wolny was arrested at his home, investigators said, and he allegedly tried to fight his way out of the house when presented with the arrest warrant.
Wolny was sent to the Ocean County Jail on $100,000 bail with no 10% option.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office asks that anyone with additional information in this case to contact Detective David Brubaker at 732-929-2027 x 5329.
new jersey news, ocean county news, monmouth county news, child porn, school, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 8 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?