New Jersey school worker arrested for child porn
JACKSON TWP., N.J. - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man who works for schools in Monmouth County and volunteers at a school in Ocean County has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Matthew Wolny, 35, of Maryland Drive in Jackson Township, was arrested on Thursday morning following a two-month investigation, the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office said.
Wolny works as an information technology technician at the Howell Twp. School System in Monmouth County and is a volunteer assistant marching band director at Brick Memorial High School in Ocean County.
Investigators say he manufactured, traded and possessed thousands of child pornography files, including "graphic pictures and movies."
Wolny was arrested at his home, investigators said, and he allegedly tried to fight his way out of the house when presented with the arrest warrant.
Wolny was sent to the Ocean County Jail on $100,000 bail with no 10% option.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office asks that anyone with additional information in this case to contact Detective David Brubaker at 732-929-2027 x 5329.
new jersey news, ocean county news, monmouth county news, child porn, school, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases