$1 million bail for former Philadelphia priest in sex abuse case
PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- The District Attorney's Office says a former Philadelphia priest, facing child sex abuse charges, is being held on $1 million bail.
A former altar boy came forward accusing 75-year-old Robert Brennan of molesting him over a period of three years.
Brennan was arrested at his home in Maryland and brought back to Philadelphia overnight for arraignment.
The alleged victim says the incidents started in 1998, when he was just 11 years old.
Brennan was tied to suspicious activity with 20 boys in a grand jury report from 2005 but was never charged due to a statute of limitations.
The Archdiocese says that Brennan's duties were restricted after that report.
Brennan remains in custody. A preliminary hearing is set for October 17th.
philadelphia news, philadelphia archdiocese, local/state
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll 19 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 5 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
5 min ago