$1 million bail for former Philadelphia priest in sex abuse case
PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- The District Attorney's Office says a former Philadelphia priest, facing child sex abuse charges, is being held on $1 million bail.
A former altar boy came forward accusing 75-year-old Robert Brennan of molesting him over a period of three years.
Brennan was arrested at his home in Maryland and brought back to Philadelphia overnight for arraignment.
The alleged victim says the incidents started in 1998, when he was just 11 years old.
Brennan was tied to suspicious activity with 20 boys in a grand jury report from 2005 but was never charged due to a statute of limitations.
The Archdiocese says that Brennan's duties were restricted after that report.
Brennan remains in custody. A preliminary hearing is set for October 17th.
philadelphia news, philadelphia archdiocese, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Teen shot in Wilmington 38 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition