Pedestrian struck, killed on I-95 in Boothwyn identified
BOOTHWYN, Pa. - September 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the pedestrian struck and killed early Saturday morning on Interstate 95 in Boothwyn, Delaware County.
24-year-old Steven Michael Lam of Brookhaven, Pa. was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash happened in the southbound lanes at Exit 1 (Chichester Road) shortly after 2:15 a.m.
Pennsylvania State Police say the driver of the striking vehicle did not stop at the scene, but did call 911 to say he had just hit something near the state line.
Police found the man, towed his gray Dodge Charger to an impound lot and questioned him.
There was no immediate word if he would be charged.
Police closed down one lane of I-95 southbound overnight for the investigation.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 5 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 39 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 38 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 45 min ago
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
25 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos