Pedestrian struck, killed on I-95 in Boothwyn identified
BOOTHWYN, Pa. - September 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the pedestrian struck and killed early Saturday morning on Interstate 95 in Boothwyn, Delaware County.
24-year-old Steven Michael Lam of Brookhaven, Pa. was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash happened in the southbound lanes at Exit 1 (Chichester Road) shortly after 2:15 a.m.
Pennsylvania State Police say the driver of the striking vehicle did not stop at the scene, but did call 911 to say he had just hit something near the state line.
Police found the man, towed his gray Dodge Charger to an impound lot and questioned him.
There was no immediate word if he would be charged.
Police closed down one lane of I-95 southbound overnight for the investigation.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 9 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 25 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
9 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
25 min ago