Alleged 'Molly' dealer arrested in Toms River
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - September 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man accused of dealing the drug known as "Molly" was arrested Friday in Toms River, New Jersey.
Michael Vari, 22, was arrested at 630 Hugo Drive, the Toms River Police Department said.
Police say they found 10 grams of "Molly," along with 35 grams of marijuana, the prescription drug Subuxone along with digital scales, packing materials and more than $1,000 in cash.
Vari was charged with possession with the intent to distribute and other counts.
He was sent to the Ocean County Jail on $100,000 bail with no 10% option.
According to the Toms River Police Department, "Molly" is the powder or crystal form of MDMA. It is considered to be pure MDMA, unlike Ecstasy, which generally is laced with other ingredients, such as caffeine or methamphetamine.
The DEA considers MDMA to be a Schedule I controlled substance, which means it has a high potential for abuse, and no accepted use in medical treatment, police said.
new jersey news, ocean county news, drugs, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 38 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 8 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 39 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
8 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos