Firefighter in training, friend charged with Bensalem arson
BENSALEM, Pa. - September 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 19-year-old firefighter in training from Bensalem faces arson charges after he allegedly paid a friend $200 to set a fire in the laundry room of an apartment building.
Authorities say Alberto Acevedo of Bensalem was allegedly connected to a pair of fires in the building on Aug. 20.
The second resulted in 80 people being evacuated, the Bucks County Courier Times reports. No one was injured in the fires.
Acevedo's friend, who allegedly started the fire, was identified as 19-year-old Robert Schaeffer.
Police say Acevedo is a probationary member of the Eddington Fire Co., and is also a former member of the Third District Fire Co. in Bristol Township.
Both Acevedo and Schaeffer were charged with arson and other counts and are being held in Bucks County Prison on $75,000 bond.
pennsylvania news, bensalem news, bucks county news, arson, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 59 min ago
- Milder Monday 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 59 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 26 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 31 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 59 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
59 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
26 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
37 min ago
- Milder Monday
29 min ago