Firefighter in training, friend charged with Bensalem arson
BENSALEM, Pa. - September 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 19-year-old firefighter in training from Bensalem faces arson charges after he allegedly paid a friend $200 to set a fire in the laundry room of an apartment building.
Authorities say Alberto Acevedo of Bensalem was allegedly connected to a pair of fires in the building on Aug. 20.
The second resulted in 80 people being evacuated, the Bucks County Courier Times reports. No one was injured in the fires.
Acevedo's friend, who allegedly started the fire, was identified as 19-year-old Robert Schaeffer.
Police say Acevedo is a probationary member of the Eddington Fire Co., and is also a former member of the Third District Fire Co. in Bristol Township.
Both Acevedo and Schaeffer were charged with arson and other counts and are being held in Bucks County Prison on $75,000 bond.
pennsylvania news, bensalem news, bucks county news, arson, fire, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man