4 injured when SUV slams into building in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people were injured when a car crashed into a building in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:30 Sunday night near the 1100 block of West Silver Street.
Authorities say when the SUV slammed into the building, parts of the wall collapsed onto the vehicle.
Initial reports indicate that multiple people had to be rescued from the car.
The driver of the SUV and three people were taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
The building was unoccupied at the time.
Police are investigating what caused the crash.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases