4 injured when SUV slams into building in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people were injured when a car crashed into a building in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:30 Sunday night near the 1100 block of West Silver Street.
Authorities say when the SUV slammed into the building, parts of the wall collapsed onto the vehicle.
Initial reports indicate that multiple people had to be rescued from the car.
The driver of the SUV and three people were taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
The building was unoccupied at the time.
Police are investigating what caused the crash.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 26 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew...
26 min ago
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
17 min ago