$2M of heroin seized in Montgomery County; 2 arrests
LOWER GWYNEDD TWP., Pa. - September 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men are behind bars, charged with drug felonies and other offenses, following a raid in Montgomery County that netted more than $2 million worth of heroin.
It happened September 26th, when police converged on apartment 50 of the Madison Hunt Club Apartments on Hunt Club Trail in Lower Gwynedd Township.
They were searching for 33-year-old Juan Mendez-Lazaro, who was wanted in Bergen County, New Jersey for allegedly stealing an undercover police car in August and running down two officers before fleeing.
Officers raided the apartment and arrested Mendez-Lazaro along with 39-year-old Edward Ernesto Gomez-Veloz.
Investigators found more than $17,000 in cash and drug packaging equipment in the apartment and more $2 million worth of heroin stashed in three vehicles outside.
Bail for Gomez-Veloz and Mendez-Lazaro, both of the Dominican Republic, has been set at $3 million each.
pennsylvania news, drugs, montgomery county news, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 54 min ago