Drug suspect tried to steal cop's Taser in Delaware, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 30-year-old Delaware County man is facing a long list of charges, including attempted theft of an officer's Taser, in Wilmington, Delaware.
Authorities say William O'Donnell of Boothwyn was carrying drugs when he led police on a chase Saturday.
Officers finally caught up with him, then took him to the hospital for treatment of a pre-existing condition following his arrest.
That's when police say he tried to steal an officer's Taser.
Detectives add that O'Donnell also tried to bribe officers to drop the charges and even threatened to kill them and their families.
delaware news, police chase, drugs, taser, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 27 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 34 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
27 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
34 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
18 min ago