Pets rescued from house fire in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A dog and a hamster were rescued from a burning home on Monday morning in Newark, Delaware.
The fire was reported around 8:00 a.m. in the unit block of Winsome Way.
Firefighters say they arrived to find flames shooting from the two-story home.
Fortunately, they managed to rescue the pets from the fire.
Images from the Action Cam show a firefighter carrying a pug, while the hamster's cage was resting on the front lawn.
The residents were not home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.
The fire marshal said the fire was started by an electrical malfunction in a dining room wall.
Investigators say they were at this house early Monday morning for a small fire caused by "discarded smoking materials."
delaware news, new castle county news, newark, del. news, fire, local/state
- At least 11 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 51 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 28 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death