Pets rescued from house fire in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A dog and a hamster were rescued from a burning home on Monday morning in Newark, Delaware.
The fire was reported around 8:00 a.m. in the unit block of Winsome Way.
Firefighters say they arrived to find flames shooting from the two-story home.
Fortunately, they managed to rescue the pets from the fire.
Images from the Action Cam show a firefighter carrying a pug, while the hamster's cage was resting on the front lawn.
The residents were not home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.
The fire marshal said the fire was started by an electrical malfunction in a dining room wall.
Investigators say they were at this house early Monday morning for a small fire caused by "discarded smoking materials."
delaware news, new castle county news, newark, del. news, fire, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ