Suspect sought in Queen Village salon holdup
PHILADELPHIA - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for a man wanted in connection with a robbery in the city's Queen Village section.
The robbery happened at 8:35 p.m. Friday inside of the Lacquer Lounge Nail Salon, located at 501 Fitzwater Street.
According to police, the suspect entered the salon armed with a large knife and began demanding jewelry from the customers and employees.
After getting jewelry from those inside the suspect fled on foot east on Fitzwater Street.
The suspect is described as a white male with possible acne or acne scarring on face, standing 5'10" to 6'1" with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a black or dark grey hooded sweatshirt, baseball cap, and armed with a black military or Kbar style knife.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, queen village news, robbery, philadelphia police, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 34 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve 17 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 1 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!