Suspect sought in Queen Village salon holdup
PHILADELPHIA - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for a man wanted in connection with a robbery in the city's Queen Village section.
The robbery happened at 8:35 p.m. Friday inside of the Lacquer Lounge Nail Salon, located at 501 Fitzwater Street.
According to police, the suspect entered the salon armed with a large knife and began demanding jewelry from the customers and employees.
After getting jewelry from those inside the suspect fled on foot east on Fitzwater Street.
The suspect is described as a white male with possible acne or acne scarring on face, standing 5'10" to 6'1" with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a black or dark grey hooded sweatshirt, baseball cap, and armed with a black military or Kbar style knife.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, queen village news, robbery, philadelphia police, local/state
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing 37 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 50 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 5 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 3 min ago
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
50 min ago