Police: Man in ski mask chases young girls in Lindenwold
LINDENWOLD, N.J. - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lindenwold Police have released video of a van involved in a child luring attempt, in which the suspect reportedly chased two girls as they tried to get away.
The incident was reported at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 25th at the 300 building of the Arborwood Condos on East Gibbsboro Road.
Two girls, ages 9 and 10, told police they were standing in front of the building when a white van pulled up.
They say a man jumped out of the side of the van. He was wearing black clothing with a ski mask covering his face.
According to the girls, the man said "your mom sent me to take you home."
Police say the girls ran away screaming and the man chased them for a short distance before returning to the van, which fled the complex.
The girls were found safe in their apartment by police, investigators said.
The white van is described as a late model GM, with no markings or ladder racks.
The girls told police there was also a driver, but the girls say he never got out of the van.
On Tuesday, police released surveillance images of the van pulling into the complex at the time of the luring attempt.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Det Ronald Burrows at Rburrows@lindenwoldpd.com or 856-784-7566 x 419.
new jersey news, camden county news, child luring, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 41 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 49 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 20 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
20 min ago