Police: Man in ski mask chases young girls in Lindenwold
LINDENWOLD, N.J. - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lindenwold Police have released video of a van involved in a child luring attempt, in which the suspect reportedly chased two girls as they tried to get away.
The incident was reported at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 25th at the 300 building of the Arborwood Condos on East Gibbsboro Road.
Two girls, ages 9 and 10, told police they were standing in front of the building when a white van pulled up.
They say a man jumped out of the side of the van. He was wearing black clothing with a ski mask covering his face.
According to the girls, the man said "your mom sent me to take you home."
Police say the girls ran away screaming and the man chased them for a short distance before returning to the van, which fled the complex.
The girls were found safe in their apartment by police, investigators said.
The white van is described as a late model GM, with no markings or ladder racks.
The girls told police there was also a driver, but the girls say he never got out of the van.
On Tuesday, police released surveillance images of the van pulling into the complex at the time of the luring attempt.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Det Ronald Burrows at Rburrows@lindenwoldpd.com or 856-784-7566 x 419.
new jersey news, camden county news, child luring, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 28 min ago
- Temps Soar