Hottest trends in food service
PHILADELPHIA - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- There's no shortage of great things to eat across the Delaware Valley, and one of the hottest trends is bringing great food to you.
Food trucks are a relatively low-cost way to get into the dining scene. Obviously, they make it possible to take a concept to more than one location and they're also a great way to try a concept and a neighborhood until everything "clicks.
"Clicking" since the word "go" is a Brazilian barbecue truck that hasn't had to leave the Drexel University campus.
BrazBQ is parked on 33rd Street, above Market and just south of Arch Street, and the aroma lures a growing legion of fans.
Owner Adriano Redante only regrets that a truck doesn't leave him enough room for open-flame grilling the way it's done in his homeland. But he still features the spit-roasted beef Brazilian steakhouses are famous for. It might show up in a variety of forms.
There is no traditional hamburger. Rather than serve beef ground, his "hamburgao" offers a pile of finely-sliced beef with cheese and garnishes on a round roll.
Like everything he serves, Redante marinates it, and serves it with chimichurri sauce, a garlic-and-parsley creation that's intense without being spicy-hot. He makes cheesesteaks. And there are Brazilian tacos in your choice of beef or chicken.
The menu also features rotating daily specials to keep regulars interested.
BrazBQ is open weekdays for lunch through late afternoon. The truck is available at other times for catering. And Redante plans another truck soon, this one featuring street food from all parts of Brazil.
The truck has no website but they're on Yelp at BrazBQ.
They're also on Twitter and Facebook, and you may phone them at 215-208-5755.
food, philadelphia news, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 19 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 30 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 40 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 40 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 27 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
19 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
30 min ago