Overturned SUV slows traffic on westbound I-76 in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A crash involving an overturned SUV has slowed traffic on westbound I-76 in South Philadelphia.
The accident happened at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Vare Avenue exit.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed an overturned SUV and medics loading an injured person into a rescue vehicle.
The westbound lanes were completely shut down as medics worked to treat the injured person and crews worked to clear the scene.
Authorities tell Action News westbound traffic was moving again by 3:10 p.m.
There was no immediate word on what caused the crash or the conditions of those injured.
philadelphia news, accident, south philadelphia news, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 25 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 25 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply