Overturned SUV slows traffic on westbound I-76 in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A crash involving an overturned SUV has slowed traffic on westbound I-76 in South Philadelphia.
The accident happened at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Vare Avenue exit.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed an overturned SUV and medics loading an injured person into a rescue vehicle.
The westbound lanes were completely shut down as medics worked to treat the injured person and crews worked to clear the scene.
Authorities tell Action News westbound traffic was moving again by 3:10 p.m.
There was no immediate word on what caused the crash or the conditions of those injured.
philadelphia news, accident, south philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 45 min ago