Overturned SUV slows traffic on westbound I-76 in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A crash involving an overturned SUV has slowed traffic on westbound I-76 in South Philadelphia.
The accident happened at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Vare Avenue exit.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed an overturned SUV and medics loading an injured person into a rescue vehicle.
The westbound lanes were completely shut down as medics worked to treat the injured person and crews worked to clear the scene.
Authorities tell Action News westbound traffic was moving again by 3:10 p.m.
There was no immediate word on what caused the crash or the conditions of those injured.
philadelphia news, accident, south philadelphia news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 45 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos