Fish kills in New Jersey, Delaware prompt lawsuit
TRENTON, N.J. - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Environmentalists from New Jersey and Delaware say three local industrial facilities are killing large numbers of fish, and they are suing to stop it.
Officials unveiled the "Stop the Fish Kills" campaign Tuesday in Trenton.
Organizers say PSEG's Mercer Generating Station in Hamilton Township, the Salem Nuclear generating Station in Lower Alloways Creek Township and the Delaware City Refinery are to blame.
The environmentalists say the facilities emit an excessive amount of pollution that is impacting local waterways.
new jersey news, animals, environment, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 44 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
42 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos