Fish kills in New Jersey, Delaware prompt lawsuit
TRENTON, N.J. - October 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Environmentalists from New Jersey and Delaware say three local industrial facilities are killing large numbers of fish, and they are suing to stop it.
Officials unveiled the "Stop the Fish Kills" campaign Tuesday in Trenton.
Organizers say PSEG's Mercer Generating Station in Hamilton Township, the Salem Nuclear generating Station in Lower Alloways Creek Township and the Delaware City Refinery are to blame.
The environmentalists say the facilities emit an excessive amount of pollution that is impacting local waterways.
new jersey news, animals, environment, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail 51 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 55 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 43 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 8 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 24 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 1 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
51 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
43 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
6 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
24 min ago