Suspected meth lab dismantled in Bear, 1 in custody
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hazardous materials crews were back at a home in Bear, Delaware Wednesday, dismantling a suspected meth lab.
It was 2:30 p.m. Tuesday when a probation officer was checking a residence in the 700 hundred block of Ellen Drive in Bear.
That's where county police discovered hazardous materials in the residence, part of a suspected meth lab.
Four county police officers were treated and released from Christiana Hospital after inhaling some of the chemicals.
Police and crews from the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control spent most of the evening removing the hazardous materials.
One suspect was arrested. That person's name has not been released.
delaware news, new castle county news, drugs, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 13 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 9 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 11 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 50 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
11 min ago