Suspected meth lab dismantled in Bear, 1 in custody
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hazardous materials crews were back at a home in Bear, Delaware Wednesday, dismantling a suspected meth lab.
It was 2:30 p.m. Tuesday when a probation officer was checking a residence in the 700 hundred block of Ellen Drive in Bear.
That's where county police discovered hazardous materials in the residence, part of a suspected meth lab.
Four county police officers were treated and released from Christiana Hospital after inhaling some of the chemicals.
Police and crews from the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control spent most of the evening removing the hazardous materials.
One suspect was arrested. That person's name has not been released.
delaware news, new castle county news, drugs, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 20 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
20 min ago