Suspected meth lab dismantled in Bear, 1 in custody
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hazardous materials crews were back at a home in Bear, Delaware Wednesday, dismantling a suspected meth lab.
It was 2:30 p.m. Tuesday when a probation officer was checking a residence in the 700 hundred block of Ellen Drive in Bear.
That's where county police discovered hazardous materials in the residence, part of a suspected meth lab.
Four county police officers were treated and released from Christiana Hospital after inhaling some of the chemicals.
Police and crews from the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control spent most of the evening removing the hazardous materials.
One suspect was arrested. That person's name has not been released.
delaware news, new castle county news, drugs, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 27 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 4 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 52 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
18 min ago