Sketch released in Willingboro baseball bat attack
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the robber who beat a gas station attendant with a baseball bat in Willingboro, New Jersey Tuesday night.
The incident happened at 9:00 p.m. at the Citgo gas station located on the unit block of Levitt Parkway.
Police say the 67-year-old victim was out by the pumps when a man attacked him with a baseball bat, robbed him of an undetermined amount of money and fled on foot.
The attendant, who was struck repeatedly in the head and arms, was taken to Cooper University Hospital in serious condition.
Willingboro police are looking for a black male, approximately 5'11" tall, with a thin build and medium to dark complexion.
Police say he was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and dark pants and was last seen running toward the back yards of homes on Shawmont Avenue in Willingboro.
Anyone with information on the robbery or the suspect is asked to contact the Willingboro Police Department at 609-877-3001 or call the Citizen Tip Line at 609-877-6958.
assault, burlington county news, new jersey news, local/state
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 12 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 43 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 20 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
12 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
43 min ago