Fight over woman may have led to shooting, police say
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver opened fire on a 54-year-old man sitting on steps in North Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 a.m. at a house near the intersection of 19th and West Berks Streets.
According to police, the man was sitting on the front steps when a driver opened fire, striking him in the thigh and calf.
The shooter and the victim may have known each other and could have been fighting over a woman, officials say.
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 51 min ago
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 17 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
26 min ago