Fight over woman may have led to shooting, police say
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver opened fire on a 54-year-old man sitting on steps in North Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 a.m. at a house near the intersection of 19th and West Berks Streets.
According to police, the man was sitting on the front steps when a driver opened fire, striking him in the thigh and calf.
The shooter and the victim may have known each other and could have been fighting over a woman, officials say.
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 18 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 17 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases