Fight over woman may have led to shooting, police say
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver opened fire on a 54-year-old man sitting on steps in North Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 a.m. at a house near the intersection of 19th and West Berks Streets.
According to police, the man was sitting on the front steps when a driver opened fire, striking him in the thigh and calf.
The shooter and the victim may have known each other and could have been fighting over a woman, officials say.
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 23 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 48 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
23 min ago