Tractor-trailer overturns off I-295 in Florence Township
FLORENCE TWP., N.J. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A tractor-trailer collided with another vehicle on Interstate-295 in Florence Township, New Jersey Wednesday morning, forcing the rig off the highway and onto its side.
The accident happened around 5:30 a.m. in the northbound lanes of I-295, sending the tractor-trailer and a silver Honda Accord off the roadway.
The Honda was forced into a wooded area just off the road. The tractor-trailer flipped onto its side, but stopped just short of the trees.
The operators of both vehicles suffered minor injuries and taken to a nearby hospital.
Officials say the truck suffered a ruptured fuel tank in the crash and was leaking some diesel fuel.
After unloading the truck's cargo and up-righting the vehicle, crews were able to work on cleaning up the fuel leak.
The roadway was completely reopen by 7:15 a.m.
accident, burlington county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 13 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death 36 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 6 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman 54 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 37 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 17 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro