Tractor-trailer overturns off I-295 in Florence Township
FLORENCE TWP., N.J. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A tractor-trailer collided with another vehicle on Interstate-295 in Florence Township, New Jersey Wednesday morning, forcing the rig off the highway and onto its side.
The accident happened around 5:30 a.m. in the northbound lanes of I-295, sending the tractor-trailer and a silver Honda Accord off the roadway.
The Honda was forced into a wooded area just off the road. The tractor-trailer flipped onto its side, but stopped just short of the trees.
The operators of both vehicles suffered minor injuries and taken to a nearby hospital.
Officials say the truck suffered a ruptured fuel tank in the crash and was leaking some diesel fuel.
After unloading the truck's cargo and up-righting the vehicle, crews were able to work on cleaning up the fuel leak.
The roadway was completely reopen by 7:15 a.m.
accident, burlington county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police