Tractor-trailer overturns off I-295 in Florence Township
FLORENCE TWP., N.J. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A tractor-trailer collided with another vehicle on Interstate-295 in Florence Township, New Jersey Wednesday morning, forcing the rig off the highway and onto its side.
The accident happened around 5:30 a.m. in the northbound lanes of I-295, sending the tractor-trailer and a silver Honda Accord off the roadway.
The Honda was forced into a wooded area just off the road. The tractor-trailer flipped onto its side, but stopped just short of the trees.
The operators of both vehicles suffered minor injuries and taken to a nearby hospital.
Officials say the truck suffered a ruptured fuel tank in the crash and was leaking some diesel fuel.
After unloading the truck's cargo and up-righting the vehicle, crews were able to work on cleaning up the fuel leak.
The roadway was completely reopen by 7:15 a.m.
accident, burlington county news, new jersey news, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish