Man in police custody following barricade in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is in police custody after a brief police barricade in Philadelphia's Torresdale section.
It was around 11:00 a.m. Wednesday when police were called to a home on the 9300 block of Milnor Street for the report of an assault.
The mother of a 3-year-old child told police that the father assaulted their child.
The mother ran out of the house with the child following the incident and called the police.
The woman alerted police to the presence of guns inside the home and, after a brief barricade situation, the father was removed from the home and taken into custody.
Police said they later determined the child was not harmed.
The child was transported to an area hospital to be checked out.
The identities of those involved have not been released.
torresdale news, philadelphia news, child abuse, barricade, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases