Man in police custody following barricade in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is in police custody after a brief police barricade in Philadelphia's Torresdale section.
It was around 11:00 a.m. Wednesday when police were called to a home on the 9300 block of Milnor Street for the report of an assault.
The mother of a 3-year-old child told police that the father assaulted their child.
The mother ran out of the house with the child following the incident and called the police.
The woman alerted police to the presence of guns inside the home and, after a brief barricade situation, the father was removed from the home and taken into custody.
Police said they later determined the child was not harmed.
The child was transported to an area hospital to be checked out.
The identities of those involved have not been released.
torresdale news, philadelphia news, child abuse, barricade, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos