Chester County woman pleads in dog-fighting ring case
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania woman charged along with her husband with running a dog-fighting ring out of the home they shared with five children has pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against him in the case.
The Daily Local News of West Chester says 34-year-old Laura Acampora entered pleas Tuesday in Chester County Court to three animal cruelty counts and charges of endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors and criminal conspiracy.
Senior Judge Thomas Gavin told her that he had received multiple letters expressing outrage and demanding a strict sentence, but he would rule based on the facts.
Authorities investigating the remains of dead dogs found in the West Brandywine area said they discovered a full-scale training operation in the home and an "arena" in the basement.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
chester county news, pennsylvania news, animal abuse, dog fighting, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos