Chester County woman pleads in dog-fighting ring case
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania woman charged along with her husband with running a dog-fighting ring out of the home they shared with five children has pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against him in the case.
The Daily Local News of West Chester says 34-year-old Laura Acampora entered pleas Tuesday in Chester County Court to three animal cruelty counts and charges of endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors and criminal conspiracy.
Senior Judge Thomas Gavin told her that he had received multiple letters expressing outrage and demanding a strict sentence, but he would rule based on the facts.
Authorities investigating the remains of dead dogs found in the West Brandywine area said they discovered a full-scale training operation in the home and an "arena" in the basement.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
chester county news, pennsylvania news, animal abuse, dog fighting, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 42 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 24 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 27 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 38 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 26 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 5 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 3 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
42 min ago