Chester County woman pleads in dog-fighting ring case
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania woman charged along with her husband with running a dog-fighting ring out of the home they shared with five children has pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against him in the case.
The Daily Local News of West Chester says 34-year-old Laura Acampora entered pleas Tuesday in Chester County Court to three animal cruelty counts and charges of endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors and criminal conspiracy.
Senior Judge Thomas Gavin told her that he had received multiple letters expressing outrage and demanding a strict sentence, but he would rule based on the facts.
Authorities investigating the remains of dead dogs found in the West Brandywine area said they discovered a full-scale training operation in the home and an "arena" in the basement.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
chester county news, pennsylvania news, animal abuse, dog fighting, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 57 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 5 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests