Chester County woman pleads in dog-fighting ring case
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania woman charged along with her husband with running a dog-fighting ring out of the home they shared with five children has pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against him in the case.
The Daily Local News of West Chester says 34-year-old Laura Acampora entered pleas Tuesday in Chester County Court to three animal cruelty counts and charges of endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors and criminal conspiracy.
Senior Judge Thomas Gavin told her that he had received multiple letters expressing outrage and demanding a strict sentence, but he would rule based on the facts.
Authorities investigating the remains of dead dogs found in the West Brandywine area said they discovered a full-scale training operation in the home and an "arena" in the basement.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
chester county news, pennsylvania news, animal abuse, dog fighting, local/state
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 1 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 58 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 13 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com! 55 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
35 min ago