Police: Pair used gun, knife, Taser in Philadelphia robberies
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A reward is being offered in the search for two suspects wanted in a string of violent robberies in Philadelphia.
Surveillance images were released Wednesday of a man and a woman who, authorities say, used a Taser to inflict pain or to threaten their victims on three occasions, and used a gun and a knife in two other robberies.
The first robbery occurred on August 11, 2013 along the 1200 Leopard Street. The second happened along the 6600 block of Castor Avenue on August 13th. Then on August 20th, the duo allegedly struck again at the intersection of C and Louden Streets.
On August 27th police say the male suspect was alone when he robbed a victim on the 800 block of East Wyoming Avenue. However, investigators believe the female suspect was in a car nearby.
The most recent and most violent incident happened on September 2nd on the 100 block of West Girard Avenue, in which the victim was stabbed.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $1,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects.
If you have any information you can submit a tip anonymously by calling 215-546-TIPS.
northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, philadelphia police, stabbing, robbery, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 7 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 5 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 11 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 13 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 9 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
13 min ago