Police: Pair used gun, knife, Taser in Philadelphia robberies
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A reward is being offered in the search for two suspects wanted in a string of violent robberies in Philadelphia.
Surveillance images were released Wednesday of a man and a woman who, authorities say, used a Taser to inflict pain or to threaten their victims on three occasions, and used a gun and a knife in two other robberies.
The first robbery occurred on August 11, 2013 along the 1200 Leopard Street. The second happened along the 6600 block of Castor Avenue on August 13th. Then on August 20th, the duo allegedly struck again at the intersection of C and Louden Streets.
On August 27th police say the male suspect was alone when he robbed a victim on the 800 block of East Wyoming Avenue. However, investigators believe the female suspect was in a car nearby.
The most recent and most violent incident happened on September 2nd on the 100 block of West Girard Avenue, in which the victim was stabbed.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $1,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects.
If you have any information you can submit a tip anonymously by calling 215-546-TIPS.
northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, philadelphia police, stabbing, robbery, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 49 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 30 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
30 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
49 min ago