Bicyclist struck by car in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man riding a bicycle was struck by a car in Wilmington Wednesday morning.
Police say a woman driving a Saturn sedan was turning off Lancaster Avenue into a 7-Eleven parking lot at Greenhill Avenue when she hit a bicyclist.
The 47-year-old man was thrown from the bike and over the car.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital in fair condition. Doctors were said to be evaluating him for back pain.
No charges had been filed as of 1:00 p.m. Wednesday.
delaware news, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle County 4 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed