Police: Guard stole school's music instruments
LANSDOWNE, Pa. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a private security guard stole more than $15,000 worth of musical instruments from Penn Wood High School's Green Avenue campus in Lansdowne.
Cory Thompson, 54, of Philadelphia, was charged with theft, burglary and conspiracy.
A second suspect is still being sought.
In all, 13 instruments were stolen, police said. One instrument has been recovered.
According to investigators, Thompson worked for a private security firm was hired by the district to guard the school after a fire was set at the building back in April.
Thompson surrendered to police on Tuesday.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, school, theft, local/state
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 40 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 19 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 45 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
40 min ago