Police: Guard stole school's music instruments
LANSDOWNE, Pa. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a private security guard stole more than $15,000 worth of musical instruments from Penn Wood High School's Green Avenue campus in Lansdowne.
Cory Thompson, 54, of Philadelphia, was charged with theft, burglary and conspiracy.
A second suspect is still being sought.
In all, 13 instruments were stolen, police said. One instrument has been recovered.
According to investigators, Thompson worked for a private security firm was hired by the district to guard the school after a fire was set at the building back in April.
Thompson surrendered to police on Tuesday.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, school, theft, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 7 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 2 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 8 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
7 min ago