Police: Guard stole school's music instruments
LANSDOWNE, Pa. - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a private security guard stole more than $15,000 worth of musical instruments from Penn Wood High School's Green Avenue campus in Lansdowne.
Cory Thompson, 54, of Philadelphia, was charged with theft, burglary and conspiracy.
A second suspect is still being sought.
In all, 13 instruments were stolen, police said. One instrument has been recovered.
According to investigators, Thompson worked for a private security firm was hired by the district to guard the school after a fire was set at the building back in April.
Thompson surrendered to police on Tuesday.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, school, theft, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 26 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
41 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos