5 arrested in Trenton drug ring bust
TRENTON - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The New Jersey State Police have arrested five men in connection with a violent drug ring in Trenton.
Police say 26-year-old Mark Fletcher and his cousin 24-year-old Davon Fletcher, both known gang members, led the narcotics network, overseeing others in the packaging, transportation and distribution of heroin.
Both are charged with racketeering, conspiracy, distribution of heroin, and possession of heroin with intent to distribute.
Mark Fletcher is also charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault, along with 29-year-old Keith Journigan.
Police say Mark Fletcher ordered Journigan to shoot a member of a rival gang on September 20th. Journigan allegedly fired at the man, striking him in the chest and shoulder. The victim survived his wounds.
34-year-old Marvin Fletcher, an uncle of Mark and Davon Fletcher, and 19-year-old Jamaree Hudson also face charges of racketeering, conspiracy, distribution of heroin, and possession of heroin with intent to distribute.
All of the defendants except for Davon Fletcher are being held in the Mercer County Jail. Bail has been set at $1 million each, no 10 percent, for Mark Fletcher and Journigan, and $200,000 each for Marvin Fletcher and Hudson. Davon Fletcher is jailed in Pennsylvania, awaiting extradition to New Jersey.
A total of 15 "bricks" of heroin and five grams of crack cocaine have been seized in the ongoing investigation.
new jersey news, trenton news, drugs, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids