Axalta bringing jobs to Philadelphia, Delaware County
CENTER CITY - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- International manufacturer Axalta announced Wednesday it is moving its major operations to our area, bringing hundreds of new jobs.
Mayor Michael Nutter welcomed the multi-billion dollar international corporation to Center City.
"100 new jobs in Philadelphia," Nutter said.
Axalta is a huge supplier of liquid and powder coatings for cars and trucks and other industries.
It has opened its new global headquarters on three floors high up in the 2 Commerce Center hi-rise.
"It's another example that companies are choosing to be in Philadelphia or grow or expand here," Nutter said.
Axalta got tax breaks to come to the City of Brotherly Love: tax credits worth $5,000 for each of the 100 workers and exemptions from all business taxes for their first two years in Philadelphia.
Meanwhile, details of Axalta's deal in Delaware County have not been made available.
Axalta, at the end of the month, will move more than 232 workers into an office building in Concord, Delaware County.
The company got a big welcome from county officials there Wednesday. The facility will be their North American headquarters.
"We looked at a variety of locations around the region. This location in Delaware County fits our needs well in terms of floor layout, amenities, convenience to transportation and also the support of the government," Eric Degenfelder of Axalta said.
More than 330 jobs in total are coming to Philadelphia and Delaware counties.
philadelphia news, local/state, vernon odom
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 18 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
1 min ago