1 injured in fire near Temple University
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials are investigating a high-rise fire in North Philadelphia that injured one person.
Fire broke out just before 6:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Kardon-Atlantic Apartments at 1801 North 10th Street.
On arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming from the multi-story building.
Although some Temple University students live in the high-rise, the building is privately owned and off campus.
The incident was placed under control within an hour.
One person was taken to Temple University Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 1 min ago
- Turning Milder 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 18 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
1 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
18 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
36 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
24 min ago