1 injured in fire near Temple University
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials are investigating a high-rise fire in North Philadelphia that injured one person.
Fire broke out just before 6:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Kardon-Atlantic Apartments at 1801 North 10th Street.
On arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming from the multi-story building.
Although some Temple University students live in the high-rise, the building is privately owned and off campus.
The incident was placed under control within an hour.
One person was taken to Temple University Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 45 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 13 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 1 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 5 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 36 min ago