1 injured in fire near Temple University
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials are investigating a high-rise fire in North Philadelphia that injured one person.
Fire broke out just before 6:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Kardon-Atlantic Apartments at 1801 North 10th Street.
On arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming from the multi-story building.
Although some Temple University students live in the high-rise, the building is privately owned and off campus.
The incident was placed under control within an hour.
One person was taken to Temple University Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos