2 shot on East Mount Airy schoolyard
EAST MOUNT AIRY - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a double shooting in East Mount Airy.
It happened just before 8:00 p.m. Wednesday in a schoolyard on the 400 block of East Tuplehocken Street.
Police say a 22-year-old man was shot in the left knee.
Another 22-year-old man was shot in the right calf.
Both were taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in stable condition.
So far, no arrests have been made but two men have been taken in for questioning.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, east mount airy news, shooting, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 12 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 16 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
16 min ago