2 shot on East Mount Airy schoolyard
EAST MOUNT AIRY - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a double shooting in East Mount Airy.
It happened just before 8:00 p.m. Wednesday in a schoolyard on the 400 block of East Tuplehocken Street.
Police say a 22-year-old man was shot in the left knee.
Another 22-year-old man was shot in the right calf.
Both were taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in stable condition.
So far, no arrests have been made but two men have been taken in for questioning.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, east mount airy news, shooting, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 1 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 16 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 14 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 6 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos