Basement fire spreads through house in Rhawnhurst
PHILADELPHIA - October 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a home was damaged after a fire started in the basement and spread throughout the house in the city's Rhawnhurst section early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out around 1:00 a.m. in the 7400 block of Tabor Avenue.
Firefighters arrived and placed the blaze under control within twenty minutes.
There were no reports of injuries.
So far, no word on what sparked the blaze.
fire, philadelphia news, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 29 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 17 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
17 min ago